2014 NFL Mock Draft 6.0: Where Johnny Manziel isn't a first-rounder
It has been a while since mock drafting Round 1 without Johnny Manziel. But here we are a day before the Texas A&M quarterback has his pro day.
This is Mock Draft 6.0.
It's the first one without Johnny Manziel in the first round. I just think there's a chance he falls out of it.
This mock includes two trades. One has the Atlanta Falcons trading up from the sixth spot to the No. 2 spot to get South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney.
The other trade comes late with Cleveland trading with Arizona to move up to get Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, who I have falling down into the No. 20 spot.
That's a shakeup for sure.
Only two months to go, right?
1. Houston Texans -- Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida: There are more league people believing this now more than ever.
2. Atlanta Falcons (Trade with St. Louis): Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina: They make the leap ahead of Jacksonville to get Clowney.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo: After Clowney goes, they stay put and take Mack to amp up their pass rush.
4. Cleveland Browns -- Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson: Can you imagine Watkins and Josh Gordon together?
5. Oakland Raiders -- Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State: They are too linked to him for me not to put him here.
6. St. Louis Rams (From Falcons) -- Greg Robinson, T, Auburn: He will give them a top tier tackle for a long time.
8. Minnesota Vikings -- Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State: New coach Mike Zimmer will want to upgrade the corner spot. Dennard can help.
9. Buffalo Bills -- Jake Matthews, T, Texas A&M: He's too good a player to fall out of the top 10.
10. Detroit Lions -- Taylor Lewan, T, Michigan: They take the local kid to improve their front.
11. Tennessee Titans -- Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA: The move to more 3-4 looks means they need an outside rusher.
13. St. Louis Rams -- Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama: He would give them a lot of range on the back end.
14. Chicago Bears -- Tim Jernigan, DT, Florida State: They have to get better up front. They've added some bodies, but not enough.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech: He is a player teams are saying is rising up a lot of boards. Ike Taylor isn't a kid anymore.
16. Dallas Cowboys -- Zack Martin, G-T, Notre Dame: This would make their offensive line the strong point of the team after having so many problems.
17. Baltimore Ravens -- Ra'Shede Hegeman, DE, Minnesota: They lost Arthur Jones, so they take a bigger replacement.
18. New York Jets -- Odell Beckham, Jr., WR, LSU: They have to get some speed outside for that offense.
19. Miami Dolphins -- C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama: They spent big on linebackers last year and didn't get much bang for their buck. Mosley could help in a big way.
20. Cleveland Browns (from Indianapolis through Arizona), Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville: They wait, and when he falls, they move up to get him.
21. Green Bay Packers -- Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina: Yes, he has to work out better. But there is a ton of talent.
23. Kansas City Chiefs -- Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon: He can fly and would help the offense in a big way.
24. Cincinnati Bengals -- Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State: They take the local kid to help their aging corner situation.
25. San Diego Chargers -- Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State: They have to get better outside. Gilbert is a nice man-cover player.
26. Arizona (From Indianapolis through Cleveland): DeMarcus Lawrence, OLB, Boise State: Here's another kid scouts are starting to really like.
27. New Orleans Saints -- Dee Ford, OLB, Auburn: They have to get somebody who can come off the edge.
28. Carolina Panthers -- Cyrus Kouandijo, T, Alabama: They have to get a left tackle with the retirement of Jordan Gross.
29. New England Patriots -- Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame: It just makes too much sense with the uncertainty with Vince Wilfork.
30. San Francisco 49ers -- Marqise Lee, WR, USC: They need help outside and Lee has a chance to be special.
31. Denver Broncos -- Ryan Shazier, LB Ohio State: There is a need for speed and they have to get faster.
32. Seattle Seahawks -- Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame: Until they add a veteran player up front, I will keep him here.
Here are the Week 15 grades for every team that played Sunday
The Cowboys' game-winning drive was extended by the craziest first-down measurement we've...
The Steelers quarterback explains what happened on the play that sealed the Patriots' stunning...
The mogul wants to purchase the team from Jerry Richardson
The Seahawks apparently didn't enjoy getting shellacked by the Rams on Sunday
Week 15 provided a lot of clarity to the NFL postseason