2013 NFL mock draft: Chiefs select Geno Smith with first pick
With the first pick of the 2013 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs will select Geno Smith, according to Pete Prisco's mock draft.
1. Kansas City Chiefs: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia -- They have to get one somewhere. Why not here?
2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU -- He has the speed they need off the edge.
3. Oakland Raiders: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State -- They have to amp up the pass rush.
4. Philadelphia Eagles: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M -- They will get Jason Peters back, but this kid is too good to pass up.
5. Detroit Lions: Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M -- The Aggies go back-to-back here. He would fill a major need to help liven up the pass rush.
6. Cleveland Browns: Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia -- There are medical issues, but the kid has explosive speed off the edge.
7. Arizona Cardinals: Chance Warmack, G, Alabama -- They need to run the ball better. And with Levi Brown coming back to play left tackle, they could opt for, possibly, the best player in the draft.
8. Buffalo Bills: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee -- This is a big-play league, and they lack anything other than Stevie Johnson on the outside.
9. New York Jets: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah -- Mike DeVito is a free agent, and Sione Pouha is getting up in the years.
10. Tennessee Titans: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama -- You can never have enough corners in a division with Andrew Luck.
11. San Diego Chargers: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan -- He is moving up on a lot of boards and would fill a major need.
12. Miami Dolphins: Keenan Allen, WR, California -- They have to get weapons for Ryan Tannehill.
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State -- He might be the most gifted of all corners in this draft.
14. Carolina Panthers: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida -- I love this kid, and they need a big body inside.
15. New Orleans Saints: Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU -- He is raw but talented. They need a lot of defensive help.
16. St. Louis Rams: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma -- They could take him and play him at left tackle and move Roger Saffold to the right side.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers: John Jenkins, DT, Georgia -- He looks great on some plays, bad on others. But he is a big, strong and the Steelers need help in the middle.
18. Dallas Cowboys: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri -- When I watched the Tigers play, this kid was all over the field.
19. New York Giants: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford -- With Martellus Bennett being a free agent, they need a weapon in the middle of the field.
20. Chicago Bears: Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame -- With Marc Trestman on board, they need a pass-catching tight end.
21. Cincinnati Bengals: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas -- They can't get by with Chris Crocker playing again. Vaccaro would be an upgrade.
22. St. Louis Rams (From Washington Redskins): Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International -- They need to get Craig Dahl off the field. This kid impressed at the Senior Bowl.
23. Minnesota Vikings: Kawann Short, DT, Purdue -- They need another power player inside.
24. Indianapolis Colts: D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama -- They have to protect Andrew Luck better. Fluker is a big, strong right tackle.
25. Seattle Seahawks: Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State -- Alan Branch is a free agent, and they need big bodies in the middle of their defense.
26. Green Bay Packers: Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama -- They have to improve inside on their line.
27. Houston Texans: Tavon Austin, WR-KR, West Virginia -- They lack the speed in the middle of the field. Austin gives it to them.
28. Denver Broncos: Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina -- They need more power players inside.
29. New England Patriots: Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina -- The right-guard spot is unsettled, and Logan Mankins is getting old.
30. Atlanta Falcons: Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon -- It's time they got somebody to help John Abraham rush the passer.
31. San Francisco 49ers: Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State -- Let's face it; the 49ers' corners didn't have a great postseason.
32. Baltimore Ravens: Kevin Minter, LB, LSU -- The Ravens lose Ray Lewis to retirement, and Dannell Ellerbe is a free agent who might not be back.
More mock drafts:
The winner of Sunday's game will he headed for Super Bowl LII
SportsLine's Mike McClure, a DFS pro with more than $1M in winnings, gives optimal lineup...
Super Bowl tattoos are never a good idea until your team has actually won the Super Bowl
A couple of dogs emerge victorious in the Conference Championship round
Our computer model simulated the AFC and NFC title games 10,000 times with surprising resu...
If the past 18 weeks are any indication, Tom Brady could be in trouble Sunday