NFL Injuries: Week 2
Check back often for updates on those players who had to leave Week 2's action.
|Aaron Hernandez and David Diehl were injured during Sunday's action. (US Presswire)|
Injuries, Week 2
* Jets RB Shonn Green left early in the second quarter with a head injury his return is questionable. UPDATE: Green returned to start the second half.
* Jets FB John Connor left in the third quarter with what looked like a knee injury.
* Redskins' DE Adam Carriker and OLB Brian Orakpo both leave in the first quarter with injuries against Rams.
* Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez rolled his right ankle when teammate Julian Edelman fell on it in the first quarter of New England's game against Arizona. He was helped to the locker room and wasn't putting any weight on his right leg. His return is questionable. UPDATE: via CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora, Hernandez didn't suffer a broken ankle. An MRI is likely Monday morning, a source said, to determine the extent of the injury. Hernandez was on crutches after the game.
* Rams T Roger Saffold injured his left knee in Redskins game.
* Ravens DE Courtney Upshaw on the bench with an injury in Eagles' game.
* Jaguars QB Blaine Gabbert is on the bench with an apparent left leg injury. Chad Henne is in.
* Raiders WR Denarius Moore questionable to return with cramps in Dolphins game.
* Panthers WR Steve Smith was carted off the field in the third quarter of the Saints game. According to the game telecast, Smith has cramps. UPDATE: Smith has returned to the game.
* Eagles WR Jeremy Maclin headed to the locker room on a cart. He was lying down. UPDATE: Maclin returns, is jogging and stretching on the sidelines.
* Eagles C Jason Kelce left the game against the Ravens with an apparent right knee injury.
* Eagles LT King Dunlap left the game with what looks like a left leg injury. He left the field under his own power.
* Chiefs TE Kevin Boss left the game against the Bills with an apparent head injury.
* Colts C Samson Satele is out with a knee injury. His return in questionable. RG Mike McGlynn moves to center and Trai Essex comes to play RG.
* Bills S George Wilson has been taken into the locker room for evaluation. His return is questionable.
* Giants RB Amhad Bradshaw headed to locker room in the second quarter with an apparent neck injury. He will have X-rays. Good news: Bradshaw jogged off the field without assistance. UPDATE: Bradshaw is back on the sidelines but hasn't returned to the game.
* Giants T David Diehl went down in the first quarter with a knee injury. According to CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora, Diehl went to get the tests done postgame. The Giants could know more about his status later tonight.
* Giants WR Domenik Hixon is being evaluted for a head injury after having his helmet ripped off during the first quarter.
* Ravens S Bernard Pollard has headed to the locker room after suffering a second-quarter chest injury.
* Raiders RB Darren McFadden had his eye checked on the sidelines in the first quarter of Oakland's game against Miami. UPDATE: McFadden's back in the game.
The Steelers' wideout was suspended for his hit on the Bengals' linebacker
Plus everything you need to know about the game
The Steelers' tight end was convinced he scored the game-winning touchdown
Here's an early look at the lines for all NFL games being played in Week 16
Plus the catch rule is still terrible, the Panthers quash the Packers' playoff hopes and much...
Week 15 provided a lot of clarity to the NFL postseason